How to connect to a remote log in session for tech support
LogMeIn is a support tool that enables a Fastmetrics Technician to ‘log into’ your computer remotely. This enables the technician to perform tasks on your computer themselves, rather than guide you through the process of fixing your tech support problem over the phone.
Here’s how to connect to a Fastmetrics Technician with LogMeIn:
1. Open a web browser and type in logmein123.com.
2. You will see the following window where you will be asked to enter a unique, one time use code. This code is provided by the Fastmetrics technician that will be working with you.
3. You will now be asked to download a file, click save.
4. Now run the file.
Note: Steps 3 & 4 will have to be completed every time you do a remote session, but you can delete the file when you finish.
5. You will see the message below, click YES.
6. You will now see a chat screen. This way the Fastmetrics Tech can chat to you via your computer, or will keep you on the phone as your technical support problem is resolved.
When the session is done, this message box will let you know.